July 19, 2012

One of the healtiest choices you can make (IMO)...

... Is getting a pet.

Here are 27 reasons why.

I know I've said before that my dog has gotten me off the couch more often then I care to admit, but there are other things she does for me too.  She may help with my blood pressure, keep me from being depressed and she gives me something to care for and my cat might be keeping my heart healthy!

If you have children, studies show that if they grow up with pets they are less likely to develop allergies - this might be why I have none.

Your overall health is important and I really think having a pet is a big help with that.

Can't have a pet?  I've been there!  You can volunteer to be a dog walker at your local SPCA or shelter - exercise for you and the dog gets out of his or her cage for an hour.  I volunteered before we got Layla and I found myself going every single day, this is why we went and got our own dog.  =)

Seriously, go down to your local shelter right now and volunteer to walk dogs or play with the cats OR adopt one!  There are 1000's of animals waiting for their forever homes right now (some of them won't make it) so don't shop, adopt!  And get healthier while you're saving a life.  <3

1 comment:

  1. If some one wishes expert view regarding blogging and site-building then i advise
    him/her to pay a quick visit this weblog, Keep up the
    good work.
    Also visit my blog ... learn piano

    ReplyDelete