December 3, 2012

Oh Christmas tree

Christmas... My favorite time of the year (actually its 2nd after summer). I love everything about Christmas: the tree, food, family, lights, Christmas music, Christmas movies, Christmas parties and even Christmas shopping (I fucking love Christmas shopping, I go to the malls dec 20-23 on purpose). I love buying gifts for my family. I spoil them. I can't stop getting stuff for them.

This year is going to be different... No gifts will be bought - for anyone. And I don't want any bought for me (it actually hurts to write that). Instead I'm going to donate money to local charities in the name(s) of everyone I would normally buy for. And what do I want? I want you to save a life in my name. I really want dogs and cats pulled from death row in the shelters.

Please give money to rescue groups or the SPCA in my name.

Adopt an animal or foster one if you can.

Don't shop at any store that sells animals.

Don't buy from a breeder (back yard or "reputable").

Speak up against breed specific legislation.

Donate old blankets, sheets and towels to your local shelter. Old toys and food too.

Volunteer to walk to dogs or to play with the cats.

All I want for Christmas is a life (or 10) saved in my name.

No comments:

Post a Comment